A five-bay station building with bespoke external and internal finishes was required for Cheshunt Station.
Thurston supplied a 17.4m x 9.75m five-bay modular station building with celestia steel cladding to external walls, embossed aluminium feature panels, bright anodised feature beams and stainless steel tie wires and fixings.
The building also meets a number of key requirements, including:
- anti-vandal windows
- bi-parting public entrance doors with security locks
- Double glazed powder-coated windows
- External steel doors to plant with louvres
- Staff office with vision panels
- Steel fire door to corridor
- Suspended ceiling to waiting room
- Non-slip ceramic tiles to waiting room
- Pre-finished ash internal doors
- Manual attack three-tier ticket counter and customer enquiry window with cashguard tills
The Galvatite steel construction ensures the station will be low-maintenance with no rusting. Highly durable, the building will outlast timber framed alternatives, has a higher degree of security and is less susceptible to arson attack.
In addition, the flat-roof building is fully relocatable; galvatite steel is rich in zinc which has self-healing properties.